Version 1.2 is now available on the Apple Store!Download
- Scans a live image captured by a camera and reads the texts in it in real-time.
- Designed for visually impaired users.
- Supported languages: English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
- Employs an excellent OCR technology powered by ABBYY.
How to Use
- Open the App with VoiceOver tuned on.
- Tap the "Active" button to focus. The App starts beeping.
- Direct the camera to letters. The App detects and read them in real-time.
- Hold the device flat (with the camera facing down) to take a still picture. This is useful when you're reading paper sheets on a desk.
- The previously read texts can be reached by left swiping.
- Copy the texts to the Clipboard in the Settings screen.
Do not put the camera too close to the subject.
Try to face the camera front to the target.
For best results, taking a distance from 20cm to 30cm (or 10 inches) to the target.
For larger objects such as signboards, take 2 to 3 meters (or 10 feet) or more would be recommended.